Valero Energy Inc.
1801, McGill College Avenue (13th Floor)
Montreal, (Quebec) H3A 2N4
Refining and wholesale marketing operations are organized under subsidiary Valero Energy Inc. in Canada. The subsidiary includes the Valero Jean Gaulin Refinery and the associated wholesale business, pipelines and terminals. Valero Energy Inc. is a leader in Eastern Canada in industrial and commercial sales of petroleum products, and sales to independent resellers including unbranded retail networks and Ultramar-branded sites under license granted by Valero.
Jean Gaulin Refinery
The Valero Jean Gaulin Refinery in Lévis, near Quebec City, is one of North America's top-performing
- Brought on-line in 1971 with current nominal design capacity of 265,000
barrels per day
- Employs about 500 people
- Produces gasoline, jet fuel, diesel fuel, home-heating oil, propane and
- Receives crude oil by ship year-round at a deep-water dock on the St.
- Ability to receive large, single cargoes of up to 1 million barrels provides
a competitive advantage
- Earned Valero Chairman's Award for Reliability four out of the past eight
years, posting the best reliability numbers of Valero's 15 refineries
- Reapproved as Valero Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) "Star Site," after
again passing a rigorous safety audit by third-party inspectors
- MSDS Sheets
- Tax Rates
Valero is one of the largest fuel suppliers to independent distributors and resellers in the Northeastern market.
- Offering high-quality products to a diverse clientele that benefits from both direct
delivery providing customized services, and product-pickup at loading racks
- Quality products delivered everywhere in Eastern Canada
- Solid long-term relationships with various partners throughout Eastern Canada
- Servicing all industrial, commercial and transportation sectors
- Completed construction and startup of Pipeline Saint-Laurent, connecting the
refinery with its distribution center in Montreal East, the largest of its kind
- Long-term commitment to supply Ultramar-branded network
- Major blenders of biofuels in gasoline and diesel
Valero is a leader in support of charities and causes in Eastern Canada.
Contributions averaging $750,000 per year to Centraide/United Way, for more than
Valero Energy Foundation's annual benefit golf tournament having raised nearly
$4 million for children's charities
Support of local Levis charities with contributions averaging $300,000 per year
over the last five years
Dedicated to major health-care centers where Valero operates
Committed to supporting education and efforts to encourage students to stay in
school; significant support to Educaide and employee involvement through
2015 Fidéides contest finalist (refinery) in the Business and Social Commitment
Valero Energy Inc. in Canada owes its success to the members of its team, and is
always looking for talented individuals who can contribute to its growth.