2235 Jacob Dr.
Chalmette, LA 70043
Meraux Fact Sheet
The Valero Meraux Refinery, located on 550 acres in St. Bernard Parish southeast of New Orleans, is a complex refinery with a total throughput capacity of 135,000 barrels per day and significant hydro-processing capacity. Meraux's dock is located on the Mississippi River, about 40 miles from the Valero St. Charles Refinery.
The Meraux refinery received significant infrastructure investments in 2005 after Hurricane Katrina, which included improvements to its electrical system, tankage and utilities, enhancing overall reliability. The refinery converts crude oil and other feedstocks into clean transportation fuels and other usable byproducts through a variety of processes.
- Connected by pipeline to the Louisiana Offshore Oil Port (LOOP)
Awards & Honors
Received a Safety Achievement Award in 2017 from American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM); one of four Valero refineries with no employee recordable safety incidents in 2016
Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association (LMOGA) highest recognition, the 2017 Pelican Award in recognition of the company's outstanding achievement in the industry and its contributions to the state
At Valero, we share our success with the communities where we live and work, and take pride in being a good neighbor. Valero and its employee volunteers generously give of their time in our communities.
- Pledged more than $260,000 to the local United Way for 2018, with additional donations and a company match projected to bring total plant contributions to approximately $413,000
- Distributed $255,000 in 2017 to 15 area children's charities from the Valero Texas Open and Benefit for Children
- Holds many volunteer events logging more than 6,000 total hours annually
- Maintains active Community Advisory Panel