We are continually working to improve the user experience and increase the accessibility and usability of this website for everyone and, in doing so, apply internationally accepted standards and guidelines.
This website was developed using design principles outlined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Version 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at a minimum “Double-A” (AA) rating. The guidelines, drawn up by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), explain how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities. We seek to enhance the accessibility of this website for people who use assistive technology such as screen readers and speech-input software and those unable to use a mouse or a pointing device.
Accessibility features that can be found on this website include:
- Color contrasts that assist with accessibility.
- Text that can be resized.
- Page layouts are flexible, meaning that pages are resized according to the width of the browser window.
- Headings are coded so that they can be read by screen readers.
- Links have meaningful text that explain what the users can expect when they click on them. We avoid the usage of ‘click here’.
- Tables are laid out in tabular form, with headings and summaries that make them more accessible.
- Form fields have labels and follow a logical tab sequence to ensure easier navigation.
- We use cascading style sheets (CSS) to determine the presentation of our website – these assists those using screen-reading devices.
- New images are accompanied by appropriate alternative text that can be read by screen readers.
This website has been built using code that is compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. Because of this, it displays correctly on current browser versions and will also do so on future versions.
- Supported Browsers
- Microsoft Edge Browser
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Mobile and tablet native browsers
- Android Chrome
Browser updates are available free of charge from the different browser providers (Microsoft, Firefox, Apple and Google). We recommend that users of our website upgrade their browser versions whenever possible, as new versions are faster, have the latest security features and provide an improved browsing experience.
To ensure that our website continues to offer a high level of accessibility, we perform periodic accessibility audits using a range of testing tools to flag and address errors. While Valero strives to follow accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, rapid changes in technology and the lack of applicable guidelines means that it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are, however, continually seeking solutions to address accessibility issues.
Please understand that certain archived content and documents may not work with current assistive technologies. Upon request, we will convert archived content and documents to new formats.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of this website.
If you have any comments, or if you encounter any accessibility issues when using this website, please contact Valero at Accessibility@valero.com.