Bill Greehey Refineries
1147 Cantwell Lane
Corpus Christi, TX 78407
The Bill Greehey Refineries East and West plants are located in Corpus Christi on the Texas Gulf Coast along the Corpus Christi Ship Channel. The East refinery processes sour crude oil, and the West refinery processes sweet crude oil, sour crude oil and residual fuel oil. The feedstocks are delivered by tanker and barge via deepwater docking facilities along the Corpus Christi Ship Channel, and West Texas or South Texas crude oil is delivered via pipelines. The refineries' physical locations allow for the transfer of various feedstocks and blending components between them. Other finished products are also distributed by ship and barge across docks and third-party pipelines.
Valero commissioned the grass-roots Bill Greehey refinery in 1983, now referred to as the West plant. This facility is considered one of the most complex refineries in the world. The East plant was acquired in 2001.
The Bill Greehey Refineries produce ultra-low sulfur diesel, gasoline, jet fuel, petrochemicals, propane, butane and light naptha, asphalt and petroleum coke.
Corpus Christi covers 460.2 square miles on the Gulf of Mexico 130 miles southeast of San Antonio. It has a population of 325,000 and is known for the petrochemical, healthcare, shipping and agricultural industries.
Summers are long and hot; the winters are short, cool, and windy.
Temperatures typically vary from 46°F to 98°F throughout the year. It is rarely below 34°F or above 102°F.
• San Antonio: 141 miles
• Austin: 195 miles
• Houston: 212 miles
• Dallas: 391 miles
• City of Corpus Christi https://www.cctexas.com/
• Corpus Christi Beaches https://www.cctexas.com/parks/services/general-government/corpus-christi-beaches
• Chamber of Commerce: http://www.unitedcorpuschristichamber.com/
• Economy, health, diversity: https://datausa.io/profile/geo/corpus-christi-tx
• Schlitterbahn Corpus Christi https://www.schlitterbahn.com/corpus-christi
• Public Schools https://www.ccisd.us/
• Corpus Christi Magazine (things to do, food and drinks) http://www.thebendmag.com/
• Port of Corpus Christi https://portofcc.com/