Valero invests in the future by strategically recruiting on campuses
throughout the United States, in the areas of engineering, information services, accounting and business. The company seeks energetic students to build its
workforce of tomorrow.
The Valero Internship Program is designed to provide hands-on experience to students who want to further develop the skills they learn in the classroom. Not only are students spending a summer or cooperative education term with a Fortune 50 company, but they also are actively involved in the company’s training and development programs and community initiatives. The internship experience will be more than a line item on your resume; it will prepare you for your future career. If selected to participate in Valero’s internship program, you can anticipate the following:
• Valero is committed to helping each intern/co-op make the most of his or her experience.
• Interns and co-ops are prepared for full-time employment upon graduation through direct involvement in important business projects and daily operations.
To be considered for the Internship Program, you must meet the following criteria:
• Attend a four-year accredited university
• 3.0 GPA preferred (Engineering majors 3.2 preferred)
• Minimum 60 hours of completed college credit by start of program
• Pursuing a bachelor's or higher degree in major relevant to the job posting
Not only will you receive a valuable experience at Valero, but you can expect to receive the following benefits from your internship / co-op:
• Competitive hourly pay based on education status (i.e., junior, senior, graduate student)
• Relocation assistance for students whose permanent or school address is farther than 60 miles from their work location
• Basic health and life insurance
• Participation in Valero’s 401(k) and pension program
• Holiday pay according to work schedule
• Individual work space and computer
• Education and training opportunities that encourage growth and development
• A mentor who will guide you throughout the program
• Social and volunteer events
• Participation in Intern Symposium, a weeklong conference at Valero Headquarters in San Antonio during the summer, exclusively for interns.
Click here to learn more about internship programs in corporate/business, refinery engineering and renewable energy.