Valero Renewables - Albert City
P.O. Box 398
2356 510th Street
Albert City, IA 50510
The Albert City plant, located on 78 acres about 95 miles northeast of Sioux City, produces ethanol, distillers grains livestock feed and fuel- and feed-grade corn oil. Corn is purchased from within 50 miles.
The welcome sign for very rural Albert City highlights its Swedish heritage with the slogan, “How Swede It Is!” When the community was established in 1890, it was initially named Manthrop, after a town in Sweden. The U.S. Postal Service was concerned about potential confusion between Manthrop and nearby Marathon, so the name was changed to Albert City, after Albertina Anderson, the wife of the town’s founder.
Population: 699 in 2010 Census