6701 FM 119,
HCR Box 36
Sunray, TX 79086
The Valero McKee Refinery is located in the Texas Panhandle on 5,000 acres 45 miles north of Amarillo, Texas. The refinery has access to local and Permian Basin crude oil sources via third-party pipelines. Refined petroleum products are transported primarily via third-party pipelines and rail to markets in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Oklahoma and Mexico.
The refinery produces a variety of refined petroleum products, including:
ZERO contractor recordable injuries in 2021
Dumas is in the Texas Panhandle 45 miles north of Amarillo. It has a population of 14.5K and is the seat of Moore County.
Summers are hot and mostly clear and the winters are very cold, dry, windy, and partly cloudy.
Temperatures vary from 24°F to 92°F throughout the year. It is rarely below 11°F or above 100°F.
• Amarillo, TX: 45 miles
• Taos, NM: 254 miles
• Oklahoma City, OK: 276 miles
• Colorado Springs, CO: 323 miles
• Denver, CO: 394 miles
• Chamber of Commerce https://www.dumaschamber.com/
• City of Dumas http://www.ci.dumas.tx.us/
• Public Schools https://www.dumasisd.org/
• Economy https://datausa.io/profile/geo/dumas-tx
• Lake Meredith https://www.nps.gov/lamr/index.htm
• History: https://www.dumaschamber.com/index.php/community/moore-county-history-demographics/dumas-texas-history-statistics
• Energy https://www.dumaschamber.com/index.php/community/dumas-area-advantages/energy