Port Arthur Refinery
1801 South Gulfway Drive
Port Arthur, TX 77640
The Valero Port Arthur Refinery is located on the Texas Gulf Coast approximately 90 miles east of Houston. The refinery receives crude oil by rail, marine docks and pipelines. Products are distributed into pipelines and across the refinery docks into ships and barges.
The Port Arthur Refinery is adjacent to the Diamond Green Diesel (DGD) plant, which will increase capacity to 1.2 billion gallons of renewable diesel and 50 million gallons of renewable naphtha per year. DGD is a joint venture between Valero Energy Corporation and Darling Ingredients Inc. producing renewable diesel.
The Valero Port Arthur refinery processes heavy sour crude oils and other feedstocks into:
Port Arthur is 90 miles east of Houston, on the bank of Sabine Lake just a few miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. The waters and marshlands of Sabine Lake and Sea Rim State Park provide the setting for dozens of outdoor activities, including fishing, sailing, birdwatching, kayaking, and wind-surfing.
Summers are long and hot; the winters are short, cool, and windy.
Temperatures typically vary from 46°F to 98°F throughout the year. It is rarely below 34°F or above 102°F.
• Lake Charles, LA: 63 miles
• Galveston, TX: 81 miles
• Houston, TX: 90 miles
• New Orleans, LA: 264 miles
• City of Port Arthur https://www.portarthurtx.gov/
• School District http://www.paisd.org/
• Sea Rim State Park https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/sea-rim
• Chamber of Commerce http://www.portarthurtexas.com/
• Relocation info http://www.portarthurtexas.com/content/Relocating_to_Port_Arthur/6583