Port Arthur Refinery
1801 South Gulfway Drive
Port Arthur, TX 77640
The Valero Port Arthur Refinery, a flagship refinery within the Valero system, is strategically located on about 4,000 acres along the Texas Gulf Coast, approximately 90 miles east of Houston. It was commissioned in 1901 and acquired in 2005 from Premcor. The refinery receives crude oil by rail, marine docks and pipelines. Finished products are distributed into the Colonial, Explorer and other pipelines, and across the refinery docks into ships and barges.
The Valero Port Arthur refinery processes heavy sour crude oils and other feedstocks into:
Port Arthur is 90 miles east of Houston, on the bank of Sabine Lake just a few miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. The waters and marshlands of Sabine Lake and Sea Rim State Park provide the setting for dozens of outdoor activities, including fishing, sailing, birdwatching, kayaking, and wind-surfing.
Summers are long, hot, and oppressive; the winters are short, cool, and windy; and it is wet and partly cloudy year round.
Temperatures vary from 46°F to 90°F throughout the year. It is rarely below 34°F or above 94°F.
• Lake Charles, LA: 63 miles
• Galveston, TX: 81 miles
• Houston, TX: 90 miles
• New Orleans, LA: 264 miles
• City of Port Arthur https://www.portarthurtx.gov/
• School District http://www.paisd.org/
• Sea Rim State Park https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/sea-rim
• Chamber of Commerce http://www.portarthurtexas.com/
• Relocation info http://www.portarthurtexas.com/content/Relocating_to_Port_Arthur/6583