Welcome Renewables Receives Distinguished Awards
The Valero Renewables-Welcome plant and its employees have much to celebrate after recently being named, “Workplace of the Year” by Ethanol Producer Magazine and winning the Chairman’s Renewables Award earlier this year.
In the past two and a half years, there have been no recordable injuries among employees and no recordables for contractors in the past five years.
Welcome continues to be a solid performer over multiple years. Here are some of the accomplishments the Welcome team has achieved to date.
• No employee recordable injuries for the last 2½ years
• No recordable injuries in the last five years for contractors
• No scorecard reliability events in 2020
• No environmental scorecard events in the last 2½ years
• No Tier 1 process safety events in more than 11 years
In addition to their exceptional safety record, other contributing factors to being recognized as “Workplace of the Year” include: its diverse workforce with 20% being military veterans, 50% of the leadership team is female, and a high participation in Valero’s Total Wellness program.
Congratulations to the Welcome employees, and thank you for being “driven” to be the best!